Recreating an Astroboy Episode

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fasty
Metro City Citizen

Postby Fasty » 19 years ago

Ramble warning!

Ok so I'm sitting here watching "The Crystal of the Desert" episode of the 80s series. It is one of the few episodes I don't remember seeing before, and it's just blowing me away with how awesome it is. The interaction between Astro, Atlas and Livian is so mature and emotional and the musical score really accentuates it.

Here's my fear. Seeing as an Astroboy movie is currently in production I'm really scared that it's completely going to miss the point (especially seeing as the same production company is in charge of Transformers and they don't seem to be hitting the mark with that from what I've read).

Here's my idea! Show them how it should or could be done. Recreate an episode or part thereof of in (hopefully) cinema quality production values, maybe using the existing audio bed.

Here's my questions: What episode would you like to see recreated ie: what episode do you think encapulates all the best elements of Astroboy (story, emotion, action, music, sound effects)?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 19 years ago

"Denkou" as a Christmas episode.... :D
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

"Atlas forever", from the 80s B)
Moreover, lot of room for starwarish special effects :P
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”