New Astro Boy series on DVD

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
LLJade
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLJade » 20 years ago

Hey, I know this topic is kind of old, but I'm just wondering, did the new series of Astro Boy come out in Australia in bilingual language already? If so, anyone here know a website where I can get them from?

Lauren

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 20 years ago

Hi Jade.

The first season did come out in Japan, you can pick them up on the CDJAPAN website. I like the subtitled better than dubbing anyway because subtitles stay closer to the orriginal dialog.

One tip to remember, you can play the Asia region DVD's on your P/C or Laptop but due to international trade restrictions most DVD playing programs can only change regions 4 to 7 times before they perminantly lock up on a single regional choice and you have to remove and re-install the programs to view them again.

Just an idea.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

LLJade
Rocket Ball Champion

I can't watch subtitles. My eyes can't keep up with the words and the actions going on on the screen at the same time. All that happens is that I get a headache and get fustrated.

When I meant bilingual, I meant that it comes in both Japanese AND English language voice.

Lauren

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 20 years ago

That just looks like its english..I hope they come out with Japanese in North America, have they already came out?

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 20 years ago

:angry: That DVD should been in Japanese with subtitles just like every other self respecting anime DVD.

Fasty
Metro City Citizen

Postby Fasty » 20 years ago

Wow!! $19 for 11 episodes! What a bargain!

As for being Japanese with english subtitles: I think the english episodes have been edited slightly from the Japanese ones so that wouldn't be possible. I may be wrong.

ozfiz
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ozfiz » 20 years ago

Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 20 years ago

Grrrr how annoying, Sony will die horrible deaths :angry:

According to their June Press release vol 1 and 2 come out on 22nd September and contain English 5.1 only -_- At least they kept the widescreen <_< ok thats it i'm buying the Japanese DVDs now -_- i don't care if they cost so much and i'll only understand 70%

On a lighter note the 80s series should be released by Madman November/December and they are planning a special box set release which will probably be followed up by individual volume releases. You can expect dub only for this one unless they perform miracles. They also seem intent on keeping the original episode order and adding special extras if possible and certainly nice packaging. Altho because the inital box-set release will be a special collectors thingy it'll probably be a bit expensive, i think Sly (guy at Madman with strong ties to anime clubs) said on the forum $120 or more...but who knows that was an older post ^^;

I should really check the Madman forum more often i'm behind on news :S Er anyway i'm back from my 1 week holiday =D
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

LLJade
Rocket Ball Champion

Cool! Thanks for your help everyone! I have a region code thing that will allow it to read dvds from other countries, so YAY! Oh, Dragonrider, not to be mean, but not everyone out there can watch subtitles. There are people like me who's eyes can't keep up and there are people who live with such disorders like Dyslexia....like my younger cousin for example. He loves anime, but he can't watch the subtitles, so he likes to watched dubbed. So in my honest opinion, anime should come out on dvd with both English language and the Japanese with subtitles option so this way everyone can be happy.

Lauren

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”