Jay Rath

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Jay Rath

Postby Photar » 12 years ago

My golly good GOSH! Just read all of Jay's commentary on EVERY episode. You're amazing mate!

With someone who is as compulsive obsessive as I am (and finds the need to get extremeeeely cathartic about certain things - Photar episode, Grave of the fireflies e.g - until I finally realise I'm 33 years old and Im talking about flippin' cartoons) it was a fantastic read. I absolutely loved your opinions on different aspects of each episode - and finding out who played everyone was amazing. I typed in 'Peter' North looking for the voice actor for Ahbra (from greatest robot in the world).........WOAH!!!! Ummmmm then I realised his name wasnt 'Peter' but was actually Gregory. It's just incredible seeing them in 'real' life and going 'Ah yeah', then sending an email about it to your friends.........who then reply with questions concerning mental illnesses and stuff.

You should be in like some Astroboy hall of fame Jay.

Oh yeah get this, I became friends with a Jay Rath on facebook thinking it was you until I asked him the obvious question a month later - his polite answer of - ummmmmmmmmm, no? didnt matter - we're still good friends.

God Bless guys,

James
[sigpic][/sigpic]

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jayrath » 12 years ago

"Fotar" wrote:My golly good GOSH! Just read all of Jay's commentary on EVERY episode. You're amazing mate!

With someone who is as compulsive obsessive as I am (and finds the need to get extremeeeely cathartic about certain things - Photar episode, Grave of the fireflies e.g - until I finally realise I'm 33 years old and Im talking about flippin' cartoons) it was a fantastic read. I absolutely loved your opinions on different aspects of each episode - and finding out who played everyone was amazing. I typed in 'Peter' North looking for the voice actor for Ahbra (from greatest robot in the world).........WOAH!!!! Ummmmm then I realised his name wasnt 'Peter' but was actually Gregory. It's just incredible seeing them in 'real' life and going 'Ah yeah', then sending an email about it to your friends.........who then reply with questions concerning mental illnesses and stuff.

You should be in like some Astroboy hall of fame Jay.

Oh yeah get this, I became friends with a Jay Rath on facebook thinking it was you until I asked him the obvious question a month later - his polite answer of - ummmmmmmmmm, no? didnt matter - we're still good friends.

God Bless guys,

James

I'm very flattered! Thank you so much. I'm sorry I didn't see this thread until just now. I'm working on my book about the 1980s series, and I hope you will all take a look at it when it's done, likely late this year. I want to include fresh interviews with all the cast and crew members I can find, as well as photos, scores and lyrics, and script excerpts.

I love you all. Astro fans are the best fans!

-- Jay

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Jay, I think I speak for a whole bunch of us when I say

I CAN'T WAIT TO BUY/READ YOUR BOOK!!!

This is going to be an incredible experience, and something I'll be looking forward to for the rest of the year!! :w00t:

We really are blessed that you care about the series and the people who are just discovering/never outgrew "Astro of the 80's"!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

I had no idea you were writing a book, Jay! Cool idea! :cool:

Wait until Christmas come and we all have both Jay's and jeffbert's book under the tree... :santa: ;)

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 12 years ago

aaaaa dude do me a huge favour, when you publish it make sure there is a large print version so I can read it.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 12 years ago

Aaaaaa I would love to see this book! The best of luck in getting it published, Jay! :w00t:
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 12 years ago

HI- HUGS THANKS EVERYONE and hugs what is wrong with cartoons i love them!- least the ones like "AVATAR THE LAST AIR BENDER" and ASTROBOY" - ASTROBOY WHY DID I MENTION HIM? OOPS HAD ANOTHER BLONDE MOMENT! THIS IS HIS WEBSITE AND I LOVE COMING HERE- GIGGLES KINDA EMBARRASSED !

AGREE BEST TO EVERYONE HERE -ETERNAL LIFE AND SALVATION AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS AND HOPE YOUR BOOK IS POPULAR JAYRATH AND HOPE WE ALWAYS ARE FRIENDS- LOVE EVERYONE HERE SO MUCH
Last edited by avatargirl on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

Glad to hear you are writing a book about your experiences dubbing the official English version of !980s "Shin TetsuWan Atomu". Please be sure to let us know the publisher and where and how to get copies once the book is published. BTW, what is the book's title? With the coming year's 50th anniversary of the original show there should be a lot of interest in the book. Lots of luck!

I :heart: :astro: :)

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jayrath » 12 years ago

I'm self-publishing, at least at first. It will either be a printed book available on eBay or an e-book. I've yet to decide, and I'm open to suggestion from fans. The title will likely be "Astro Boy and Me: My Life as a Skunk," but it will include interviews with all the cast and crew I can reach.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 12 years ago

HI- HUGS that title is kinda- oh girl! pray you the very best JAYRATH and hope we will be friends always- pray everyone eternal life and salvation and safety and happiness always- your avatargirl friend always in love and friendship always!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”