Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 15 years ago

Sounds promising! :)

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

ATTENTION! IMdB claims we have a new robot character, presumably one of Astro's school friends. He's voiced by the annoying kid from Hannah Montana:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 15 years ago

Where does it say this character is a robot?

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

"jeffbert" wrote:Where does it say this character is a robot?

It doesn't. I said maybe "one of his school friends". But I've begun to suspect something with all these child actors playing characters with snappy names... :whistling:

Darkgirl
Kokoro Robot

Postby Darkgirl » 15 years ago

I'm back with my English massacre ! :ninja: lllooll
I try to express something about my feeling on this movie.

So, I read all the topic (almost...) and I'm a little bit afraid of it. I hope very much that it'll be a success, but when I look around me, Astroboy was and old-fashion cartoon, and people seem not interested to that. Like I read on an other topic, it depends of the country, the region... here in Quebec, it seems that Astroboy isn't very popular. Maybe the movie will change something.

About Dr. Tenma, I have a doubt about the voice... I'd like the 03' version voice, and I hope that Cage's voice will be deeper than this.

Can't wait to enjoy it ! :D

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 15 years ago

Darkgirl, I believe that kids should be interested in this movie. It's all 3D and very up to date in its production, and if kids usually like those, then why wouldn't they be interested in this one as well? It doesn't matter if they have never heard of Astroboy before or if they haven't watched any Astroboy series or read any manga. Even if the parents aren't huge Astroboy fans like we are, I don't see why they would have anything against it.

In any case, it's true that we don't hear of Astroboy that much in Quebec in comparison with other old series, but when one asks around, there is still a good number of people who were kids in the 80s and loved the show. I used to have an Astroboy website many years ago and I got a lot of visitors (over 100 000), and many of them were glad there was finally something to be found on the web.

Darkgirl
Kokoro Robot

Postby Darkgirl » 15 years ago

That's true ! Why not ! :)

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 15 years ago

I agree. I've seen kids into the Speed Racer movie so anything is possible

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 15 years ago

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

During part two, there's a scene in Imagi where someone's going through a booklet of character descriptions. I noticed (and the following is rotated 180 degrees) the possible first rendering of Hamegg...

WELL THERE GOES EVERYTHING. He seems to have gained several hundred pounds since 2004, but the face and hair are okay.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”