What's your favoutire Astroboy series?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 15 years ago

Incidentally I just realized my mistake. I meant of course to say that there were only 3 episodes after Atlas departed, not before. :blush:

I'm sure you knew what I meant though Jayrath.

Fasty
Metro City Citizen

Postby Fasty » 15 years ago

80's is definitely my favourite. I love Astro's look and the English dub voices are iconic. Haven't seen much of the 60's version but what I saw I liked, especially the humour. Hated the 2000's version. Didn't like his look or voice, and as soon as I heard him say something lame like "let's rocket" or "cool your jets" I turned off.

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jayrath » 15 years ago

I haven't heard back from the movie producers yet about voice work. I hope that means they're thinking about it. A little fan pressure might help. Ahem.

Fasty
Metro City Citizen

Postby Fasty » 15 years ago

I'd love to help apply pressure! Where do we find their contact info?

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

"Fasty" wrote:I'd love to help apply pressure! Where do we find their contact info?

I wrote to the producers listed on the pdf press release on the home page. If you want 1980 Skunk, everyone write in!

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 15 years ago

:D That sounds exciting Jayrath.

Speaking of Skunk I also noticed on my DVD set that all the Skunk stories are pretty close together within the first 4 of the 10 discs. Like I said before, my DVDs are arranged in original Japanese Chronology but the chronology mapped out for the dub is listed in the collectors booklet that comes with it.

It's funny watching the Japanese order with the English dub because it seems like Skunk was simply taken out of the show by Tezuka after using him as a semi-regular character. He wasn't killed off or anything, so he could have appeared again anytime. He just seemed to disappear. As if they either grew tired of or forgot about him.
This is another reason why I like your chosen order with Skunk's appearances spaced out so that his last story is just before the Greatest Robot in the World finale. You obviously wanted to make it seem as if the recurring villain was really present all the time. :) :D
Last edited by MightyAstro on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: correcting typo errors

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

It was odd going through all the shows, because when we did it, there was Skunk and Atlas throughout. It's probably just faulty memory. But I guarantee this -- the series opened with Atlas' relation with Astro, and then closed with it.

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 15 years ago

is there anything that i could do to be a voice cu'z you said that any fans could try....

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 15 years ago

I'm going to watch the 1980's soon. ;)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”