... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:[QUOTE=Anime Girl 14;99615]LOL! Edna Mode from The Incredibles designed his outfit! Incredibles is one of my favorite Pixar movies. You should make a YouTube poop with that comic!

Edna made MY outfit, as well.

:cool: [/QUOTE]

Me too. Face it, I can hide a secret no longer. My true identity is Super Sailor Anime Girl, a former member of the Sailor Scouts.
Last edited by Anime Girl on Thu May 27, 2010 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

you are Anime Girl- my name at another site as a moderator is Sailor Moon

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

Unless I missed something in reading PLUTO, Atom's clothes are just as durable there as here. :lol:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

Yes, indeed!! And they NEVER CHANGED (except for his pj's!). Now Uran had a BUNCH of outfits -- but not her brother. That did annoy me. Excellent point, Jeffbert. Glad you brought that up.

And I wonder...
Does Pluto manga Atom have Speedos and boots? He wears sneakers -- THEN FLIES -- then the sneakers are back! WTF?? Are these sneakers "collapsible?" I think Atom needs to fly without fire (Like Episilon? -- But then he'd need constant sunlight, right?) Hmmmm.... :mad:
Last edited by AprilSeven on Thu May 27, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

Now that is a freaking riot!!!! :w00t: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kudos, Acorn! Brilliant stuff!

Now as to your question:

When all is said and done, was it really right to hide Astro's classic costume for 95% of movie?

Answer: Yes. It was. A mostly-naked little boy flying around in either underwear OR Speedos is just too weird for 21st Century America. The Age of Innocence died in the late 1960's, sad to say. And in my opinion, the t-shirt and jeans outfit (minus the jacket) that Astro wore in the movie worked very well. He still looked cute. And when it comes to Astro, isn't that what really matters? :cool:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

I think giving him clothes through most of the movie was a good idea considering how stupid people get about "Child nudity." Especially in America. The only thing I would've done different would be to have him lose the clothes while still fighting Peacekeeper in the end. THAT would've been cool.
That said. I love your insertion of the woman from Incredibles. That would make an EPIC crossover! XD

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:Answer: Yes. It was. A mostly-naked little boy flying around in either underwear OR Speedos is just too weird for 21st Century America. The Age of Innocence died in the late 1960's, sad to say. And in my opinion, the t-shirt and jeans outfit (minus the jacket) that Astro wore in the movie worked very well. He still looked cute. And when it comes to Astro, isn't that what really matters? :cool:

I do like his new outfit (basic as it was) But would've been if the cool boots had shown more. That's right I don't care about the Speedo, all I care about are the shiny wittle red boots :cry: .

Although, maybe they could've gone for the approuch of the Prequel Comic with how Astro's speedo looks more like short leggings. it might've not been so bad. I like the growling contest he and lizard lady are having here, wonder who won. :lol:

Still, sad what the world has come to. You even see stuff in the offical comic that wasn't in the movie. Notice how the soldiers NEVER point a gun at Astro. Yes it wrongs to point a gun at somebody under the age of 16, although it's fine for them to be chased after by a giant buzzsaw wielding robot. :eek:

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:I think giving him clothes through most of the movie was a good idea considering how stupid people get about "Child nudity." Especially in America. The only thing I would've done different would be to have him lose the clothes while still fighting Peacekeeper in the end. THAT would've been cool.
That said. I love your insertion of the woman from Incredibles. That would make an EPIC crossover! XD

They should've done it Spiderman movie style, Peter Park's costume always got lots of tears and such in it in every movie on the final battle. Although what would've been cool is if they'd shown Astro SHOW damage like in the old 1980 show. You know, when you saw the metal parts underneath his skin and such or sparks from broken circuits.

His arm so should've popped out of its joint during the fight, not afterwards when he's lying in the pretty grassy field.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

Alittleacorn,
I doubt that would have had any more of a chance, in fact less of a chance than seeing the UNDEROOS. :lol: Just think how parents might react to their kids' questions about how easily the little boy was healed, etc. Much less, why that man hurt him. No, they had to tear out the heart to make it pass the current culture's bias against violence against children.

BTW, I recall a toy a friend's kid had that was a little frog or chameleon that you hold, then when you flick your wrist, a long sticky tongue stretches 3-4 times longer and grabs things. I thought og both it and the Mantler as I watched this film.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

So wish the Age of Innocence would come back- shows i have seen in reruns were better then-

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”